One of the first challenges for any of your students considering Cambridge or Oxford is figuring out exactly what needs to be done when. The UCAS deadline for Cambridge, Oxford and anyone applying for Medicine or Veterinary Medicine is October 15th, rather than in January. This is a good starting point – most students are advised to get a first draft of the personal statement done over summer as a result.
Similarly, applicants may have to sit an admissions test – something not required for most other university applications. Most of these take place in the first week of November, but the LNAT (National Aptitude Test for Law) occurs earlier.
Students applying for a bursary or choral and organ scholars also need to be aware of additional deadlines in their application process.
With so many dates to keep track of, it is difficult to make sure your students do not miss out on any important information. To simplify the process, we have put together this application calendar, with all the key dates of the application cycle.
In order to see more of this page it is necessary to Log in. If you are not our member please Register now.
- Application Calendar Making an application to Oxford or Cambridge can seem like... Read more >
- What’s the Most Important Part of Your Application? An application to Oxford or Cambridge involves various different elements,... Read more >
- Oxford and Cambridge Access Schemes Oxford and Cambridge aim to offer places to the best... Read more >
- Personal Statement Action Plan: Section 1 of 2 The UCAS personal statement will be a key part of... Read more >
- Download a Law Personal Statement 2 “I have read The Origins of the Second World War... Read more >
- UCAS: A How To Guide The process of applying to university through UCAS can seem... Read more >
- Your Open Day Guide Open Days can be an extremely useful way of finding... Read more >
- HAT mini mock paper The History Aptitude Test or ‘HAT’ must be sat by... Read more >
- Choosing The Right A-Levels Picking subjects at A level can be a difficult decision... Read more >
- TSA overview A huge range of subjects at both Oxford and Cambridge... Read more >
- Maths Puzzle: The Age of Census A census-taker knocks on a door, and asks the woman... Read more >
- July’s Top News Stories Read more about some of the biggest news stories to... Read more >
- Using stats: dos and don’ts When making an application, you must be careful about using... Read more >
- Medical & Biological Sciences Reading Lists Medicine and the whole range of Biological Sciences are highly... Read more >
- 30 Real-Life Oxford and Cambridge Interview Questions The Oxford and Cambridge interviews are notorious for having academically... Read more >
- LNAT mini mock paper & answers The LNAT, required for those applying for Law at Oxford... Read more >
- Download an Economics Personal Statement 2 “Beyond this essential interest in the subject, I find that... Read more >
- COPA & International Deadlines Most deadlines are the same for all those applying to... Read more >
- Download an English Personal Statement “My background as a student at a European School, including... Read more >
- Oxbridge: the global impact Concerning UK university admissions, UCAS have released some interesting stats.... Read more >
- Music Scholarships There is a wide range of musical scholarships available to... Read more >
- How is the BMAT marked? The BioMedical Admissions Test (BMAT) is marked significantly differently from... Read more >
- The OA School’s Magazine: Issue 1 Last year, Oxbridge Applications launched its first ever Schools’ Magazine,... Read more >
- MAT overview If you’re applying for Maths or Computer Science at Oxford you will need... Read more >