One of the first challenges for any of your students considering Cambridge or Oxford is figuring out exactly what needs to be done when. The UCAS deadline for Cambridge, Oxford and anyone applying for Medicine or Veterinary Medicine is October 15th, rather than in January. This is a good starting point – most students are advised to get a first draft of the personal statement done over summer as a result.
Similarly, applicants may have to sit an admissions test – something not required for most other university applications. Most of these take place in the first week of November, but the LNAT (National Aptitude Test for Law) occurs earlier.
Students applying for a bursary or choral and organ scholars also need to be aware of additional deadlines in their application process.
With so many dates to keep track of, it is difficult to make sure your students do not miss out on any important information. To simplify the process, we have put together this application calendar, with all the key dates of the application cycle.
In order to see more of this page it is necessary to Log in. If you are not our member please Register now.
- Oxford college snapshots With 35 colleges and Permanent Private Halls, choosing how to... Read more >
- Interactive Interview Exercise Manual ‘What should I expect at my Oxbridge interview?’ ‘How will... Read more >
- Communications expert top tips One of our communications specialists, has his own advice for... Read more >
- Cambridge Language Test overview If you’re applying for Modern and Medieval Languages at Cambridge,... Read more >
- Is Oxbridge right for me? Have you asked yourself why you are planning to apply... Read more >
- MLAT overview If you’re applying for Modern Languages, or their joint schools, you... Read more >
- Download a Law Personal Statement 2 “I have read The Origins of the Second World War... Read more >
- College selection checklist Your college at Oxford or Cambridge is where you will... Read more >
- HAT overview If you’re applying for History, or its joint schools, you... Read more >
- February’s Top News Stories Read more about some of the biggest news stories to... Read more >
- June’s Top News Stories Read more about some of the biggest news stories to... Read more >
- How is the BMAT marked? The BioMedical Admissions Test (BMAT) is marked significantly differently from... Read more >
- Information on choosing a course at Oxford or Cambridge “Perhaps it is because Oxbridge encourages more ‘traditional’ A Level... Read more >
- Personal Statement Action Plan: Section 2 of 2 You’ve done your reading. You’ve made your brainstorm. You’ve possibly... Read more >
- Pooling: Fast Facts You may have heard people talk about “pooling”, or maybe... Read more >
- PAT overview If you’re applying for Physics, Materials or a relevant joint... Read more >
- Physical, Mathematical & Chemical Sciences Reading Lists If you’re applying for Physics, Natural Sciences (P), Maths, Computer... Read more >
- PPE: answer like a pro If you’re applying for Politics, Philosophy and Economics (PPE) or... Read more >
- The Great Collection of Past Oxbridge Interview Questions The great thing about an Oxbridge interview is that it... Read more >
- Application Calendar Making an application to Oxford or Cambridge can seem like... Read more >
- Download an Economics Personal Statement “I have a keen interest in current affairs but have... Read more >
- Cambridge Language Test mini mock paper & answers Many Cambridge colleges require applicants for Modern Languages to sit... Read more >
- Classics and Arch & Anth Reading Lists If you’re applying for Classics, or for Archaeology and Anthropology,... Read more >
- Oxford and Cambridge Access Schemes Oxford and Cambridge aim to offer places to the best... Read more >