What is the LNAT?
The National Admissions Test for Law is a 2¼ hour paper that applicants for Law at Oxford are required to sit any time between the 1st September and 20th October.
LNAT Mock Tests & Answer Packs
We have four LNAT practice papers. Written by our expert consultants, our practice papers replicate the style, format and timing of the real examinations, giving you the chance to practise your approach to the test as well as the skills required. Each practice paper includes a set of model answers with detailed commentary on how to crack individual questions.
Our practice papers are different from those provided at our one-day Admissions Test Seminars, giving you further opportunities to prepare in your own home and well in advance of the real examinations.
Please note that if you have attended one of our in-school courses, then you may have already have sat mock test I. If you are unsure whether you have already sat one of our tests at an in-school course, give us a ring on +44 (0)207 499 2394.
Purchasing Your Mock Tests
Two papers can be purchased online here.
The other two papers are used on our Admissions Test Seminar courses, where both will be marked by a test expert.
If you cannot attend an Admissions Test Seminar but would like to buy all four papers, simply give us a call:
+44 (0)207 499 2394
What Does The LNAT Involve?
The LNAT is a 2¼ hour test in two sections.
Section A consists of 42 multiple choice questions, based on 12 argumentative passages, with 3 or 4 multiple choice questions on each. Candidates are given 95 minutes to answer all of the questions. Candidates can review their answers at any time during the 95 minutes, but cannot return to the multiple choice section once they begin Section B.
For Section B, candidates have 40 minutes to answer one of three essay questions on a range of subjects and demonstrate their ability to argue economically to a conclusion with a good command of written English.
What is ‘political correctness’ and why does it matter?
More LNAT Support
Admissions Test Zone
- BMAT overview & tips If you’re applying for Medicine, Biomedical Sciences or Veterinary Medicine you... Read more >
- BMAT mini mock paper & answers With over 90% of applicants now preparing for the admissions... Read more >
- Cambridge Language Test overview If you’re applying for Modern and Medieval Languages at Cambridge,... Read more >
- Cambridge Language Test mini mock paper & answers Many Cambridge colleges require applicants for Modern Languages to sit... Read more >
- Cambridge Law Test overview If you’re applying to read Law at Cambridge you will probably need... Read more >
- Cambridge Law Test mini mock paper & answers If you are applying to do Law at Cambridge, chances... Read more >
- LNAT overview If you’re applying for Law at Oxford you will need to sit... Read more >
- LNAT mini mock paper & answers The LNAT, required for those applying for Law at Oxford... Read more >
- ELAT overview If you’re applying for English, or its joint schools, you... Read more >
- ELAT mini mock paper If you’re applying to read English at Oxford, you will... Read more >
- MAT mini mock paper & answers If you are planning to apply to Oxford to read... Read more >
- PAT overview If you’re applying for Physics, Materials or a relevant joint... Read more >
- PAT mini mock paper & answers The Physics Aptitude Test or PAT is required by Oxford... Read more >
- MLAT overview If you’re applying for Modern Languages, or their joint schools, you... Read more >
- MLAT mini mock paper & answers The MLAT or Modern Languages Test is required by Oxford... Read more >
- HAT overview If you’re applying for History, or its joint schools, you... Read more >
- HAT mini mock paper The History Aptitude Test or ‘HAT’ must be sat by... Read more >
- TSA overview A huge range of subjects at both Oxford and Cambridge... Read more >
- TSA Oxford mini mock & answers Thinking is very important to Oxford, so they’ve devised an... Read more >
- TSA Cambridge mini mock & answers The Thinking Skills Assessment is required for a number of... Read more >
- How is the BMAT marked? The BioMedical Admissions Test (BMAT) is marked significantly differently from... Read more >
- Your free E-book… “So You Want To Go To Oxbridge? Tell me about a banana…” If you are applying to Oxford or Cambridge, there are... Read more >
- Admissions Tests: our tips as featured in the Independent Last year, the Independent asked us to provide some simple... Read more >
- UKCAT mini mock paper & answers If you are applying for Medicine or Dentistry, many of... Read more >
- What Admissions Tests Do You Have To Take? With so many Oxford and Cambridge courses now requiring as... Read more >
- TSA Cambridge Example Questions and Answers If you have completed the TSA Cambridge course report and are... Read more >
- University Admissions Tests: How Would You Reply? You may have spotted our poster in your school with... Read more >
- LNAT ‘So you want to go to Oxbridge’ Answers If you have been reading our book ‘So you want... Read more >
- For Your Reference: Admissions Test Factfiles The majority of Oxford courses, and an increasing number of... Read more >