Cambridge’s Joint Information Services Committee (JISC) was formerly the online host of all past exam papers, but in the past week, the much-relied upon facility has been taken down.
With just weeks to go before undergraduate students sit their university exams, the news comes as a huge blow to many relying upon past exam papers aid their revision. The discovery was made following an email from King’s College’s assistant librarian, Gareth Burgess, alerting students that the website had been taken down with no plans to reinstate the website.
This is particularly worrisome to students studying HSPS, as students being examined this year will find it more difficult with no precedent to learn from. Psychology students should investigate the ways in which performance is correlated with repetition.
In a countermove, student activist campaign Whose University? is working along with Cambridge University Students Union (CUSU) to restore and improve upon the old online service, and make all papers digitally available. Such a move would make the catalogue of exams equally accessible for all students. Whose University? made a statement to student magazine, Varsity, arguing that “it’s really important in situations like this to show departments that you don’t need money to share resources like this – we are doing it for free and proving there is an alternative.” Economics, PPE, and Philosophy students should assess the validity of this statement, and think to argue why resources such as these educational materials should be free when other consumer goods are not.
- BMAT mini mock paper & answers With over 90% of applicants now preparing for the admissions... Read more >
- Download an Economics Personal Statement “I have a keen interest in current affairs but have... Read more >
- Cambridge Law Test overview If you’re applying to read Law at Cambridge you will probably need... Read more >
- Personal statement: our tips in the Independent Here are 3 quick tips every hopeful should consider before... Read more >
- Stats report: our annual survey Every year, we survey hundreds of applicants who applied the... Read more >
- Oxford and Cambridge Access Schemes Oxford and Cambridge aim to offer places to the best... Read more >
- What’s the Most Important Part of Your Application? An application to Oxford or Cambridge involves various different elements,... Read more >
- Your Open Day Guide Open Days can be an extremely useful way of finding... Read more >
- Experimental Psychology & Psychological and Behavioural Sciences (PBS) Reading List If you are interested in Psychology, Oxford offers the Psychology... Read more >
- MAT mini mock paper & answers If you are planning to apply to Oxford to read... Read more >
- Is Oxbridge right for me? Have you asked yourself why you are planning to apply... Read more >
- Maths & Hard Sciences: answer like a pro Maths, Physics, Chemistry – they’re brilliant because there is a right... Read more >
- Your free E-book… “So You Want To Go To Oxbridge? Tell me about a banana…” If you are applying to Oxford or Cambridge, there are... Read more >
- Medicine, Maths, and Economics Puzzles We asked three of our top Medicine, Maths, and... Read more >
- Oxford or Cambridge? Many applicants know that they want the best, but when... Read more >
- LNAT mini mock paper & answers The LNAT, required for those applying for Law at Oxford... Read more >
- Application Calendar Making an application to Oxford or Cambridge can seem like... Read more >
- Biological Sciences & Medicine: answer like a pro What kind of questions can you expect in an Oxford... Read more >
- International Application Calendar Keeping on top of the various deadlines and decisions when... Read more >
- The Differences Between Similar Courses At Oxford and Cambridge For some applicants, deciding between applying to Oxford or Cambridge... Read more >
- What makes a good interview? The notion of an academic interview with prominent Oxbridge academics is a major... Read more >
- College selection checklist Your college at Oxford or Cambridge is where you will... Read more >
- Access and Financial Support at Oxbridge As two of the world’s top universities, both Oxford and... Read more >
- Classics and Arch & Anth Reading Lists If you’re applying for Classics, or for Archaeology and Anthropology,... Read more >