Cambridge’s Joint Information Services Committee (JISC) was formerly the online host of all past exam papers, but in the past week, the much-relied upon facility has been taken down.
With just weeks to go before undergraduate students sit their university exams, the news comes as a huge blow to many relying upon past exam papers aid their revision. The discovery was made following an email from King’s College’s assistant librarian, Gareth Burgess, alerting students that the website had been taken down with no plans to reinstate the website.
This is particularly worrisome to students studying HSPS, as students being examined this year will find it more difficult with no precedent to learn from. Psychology students should investigate the ways in which performance is correlated with repetition.
In a countermove, student activist campaign Whose University? is working along with Cambridge University Students Union (CUSU) to restore and improve upon the old online service, and make all papers digitally available. Such a move would make the catalogue of exams equally accessible for all students. Whose University? made a statement to student magazine, Varsity, arguing that “it’s really important in situations like this to show departments that you don’t need money to share resources like this – we are doing it for free and proving there is an alternative.” Economics, PPE, and Philosophy students should assess the validity of this statement, and think to argue why resources such as these educational materials should be free when other consumer goods are not.
- MAT mini mock paper & answers If you are planning to apply to Oxford to read... Read more >
- 30 Real-Life Oxford and Cambridge Interview Questions The Oxford and Cambridge interviews are notorious for having academically... Read more >
- Medicine, Maths, and Economics Puzzles We asked three of our top Medicine, Maths, and... Read more >
- Personal statement: our tips in the Independent Here are 3 quick tips every hopeful should consider before... Read more >
- Course By Course Fact Sheet This helpful guide sets out by course what grades you... Read more >
- College selection checklist Your college at Oxford or Cambridge is where you will... Read more >
- Download a Philosophy Personal Statement “Philosophy of the mind is my particular interest, especially the... Read more >
- Download a Medicine Personal Statement 2 “Further work experience has highlighted some of the demands and challenges... Read more >
- Philosophy Reading List If you are interested in Philosophy, there are several options... Read more >
- TSA Oxford mini mock & answers Thinking is very important to Oxford, so they’ve devised an... Read more >
- HAT mini mock paper The History Aptitude Test or ‘HAT’ must be sat by... Read more >
- BMAT mini mock paper & answers With over 90% of applicants now preparing for the admissions... Read more >
- COPA & International Deadlines Most deadlines are the same for all those applying to... Read more >
- Bursaries Both Oxford and Cambridge are committed to the principle that... Read more >
- April’s Top News Stories Read more about some of the biggest news stories to... Read more >
- Mathematics Reading List Studying Mathematics at university requires a different approach to studying... Read more >
- 20 Real-Life Oxford and Cambridge Interview Questions The Oxford and Cambridge interviews are notorious for having academically... Read more >
- Information on choosing a course at Oxford or Cambridge “Perhaps it is because Oxbridge encourages more ‘traditional’ A Level... Read more >
- PAT overview If you’re applying for Physics, Materials or a relevant joint... Read more >
- Oxford college snapshots With 35 colleges and Permanent Private Halls, choosing how to... Read more >
- Download a Biology Personal Statement “Assisting with the post mortem of a dairy cow during... Read more >
- What’s so special about Oxford and Cambridge? Both Oxford and Cambridge have fearsome reputations. The Oxbridge system... Read more >
- Sports psychology for interviews Channel your inner champion Major sports personalities use these techniques... Read more >
- HAT overview If you’re applying for History, or its joint schools, you... Read more >