Four, thirty minute, subject-specific mock interviews Talk from a former Oxbridge Admissions Tutor on what makes a good interview Communications skills workshop and subject tutorial
Guaranteed interview practice with an Oxbridge graduate in your subject Verbal and written feedback with recommendations for improvement Expert guidance on how to communicate confidently at interview
Book your place
Interview Preparation Days
Dates: Saturday 18th November, Sunday 26th November
Address: Imperial College London, Kensington – Saturday 18th November
New Academic Building, London School of Economics, Holborn – Sunday 26th November
Timings: 9.00 until 18.00
For more information, please contact our consultants on +44 (0)207 499 2394 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Haven’t received an invitation to interview yet?
Entrance to Oxbridge is ultimately determined by the interview. Demonstrating teachability, academic potential, and curiosity are crucial to performing well at interview. Our Interview Preparation Days help you to understand what the interview expects of you and how to perform best at this final hurdle.
We understand that some students may not want to prepare themselves for the Oxbridge interview before they receive confirmation that they will be interviewed. However, this leaves students with little time to practise between their invitation and their interview and so we advise early, consistent preparation. For those who do not receive an invitation to interview and no longer wish to attend the day, we offer a full refund if you cancel your booking more than 72 hours in advance of your booked day.
Location – 18TH NOVEMBER
Sir Alexander Fleming Building
Prince Consort Rd
The nearest tube station to the Sir Alexander Fleming Building is South Kensington tube station. The underground lines available at this station include the District, Circle and Piccadilly lines. The building is a 9 min walk from the tube station.
Location – 26TH NOVEMBER
New Academic Building
London School of Economics
54 Lincoln’s Inn Fields
The closest stations are Holborn for the Central and Piccadilly Lines, and Temple for the Circle and District Lines.
Southeastern trains operate through Blackfriars, which is approximately a 15-minute walk to Holborn. Thameslink services also operate in the nearby City Thameslink and Farringdon Stations.
There is limited parking space – we recommend arriving by tube, train, taxi or bus where possible.
WHAT’S ON OUR PREPARATION WEEKEND?
Four mock interviews
Subject-specific interviews with our highly trained Oxbridge-graduate tutors, to mimic the real Oxbridge interview environment
What admissions tutors look for
Barry Webb – an experienced former Oxford admissions tutor – gives students insight on what Oxbridge look for in a student
Inspiring Oxbridge-graduate tutors in your subject push you beyond sixth-form study through undergraduate material
Practise speaking confidently about your subject in small-group sessions, mirroring the tutorial and supervision systems of Oxbridge
Interview skills session
Communication session with a communications expert, teaching students to express themselves more effectively
Guide to the application process
Students will receive our guide to the application process, So You Want To Go To
Interview Preparation Day PROGRAMME
Below is an example of how our Interview Preparation Days are structured to help applicants with their preparation. You can see one of our expert tutors, Mathangi, discuss how Interview Preparation Days help prepare applicants here.
Arrival and registration
Talk from former Oxbridge admissions tutor, Barry Webb, followed by a Q&A session on what interviewers are looking for in candidates approaching their Oxford or Cambridge interviews.
Subject tutorial in small groups, designed to mirror an Oxford or Cambridge tutorial and give applicants the chance to practice their communication in an academic setting, as well as build their subject-knowledge.
Interview skills workshop with a communications skills expert. In this session, applicants learn how to communicate effectively about their subject to prepare them for the Oxford and Cambridge interview.
Subject-specific mock interviews. Four mock interviews with our highly-trained Oxbridge-graduate tutors. Following each interview, you will receive full written and verbal feedback to give you a strategy for improvement.
WHY CHOOSE OUR interview preparation days?
Example Oxbridge Interview Questions From Last Year
Oxford Interview Questions
- How do Jane Austen books portray social history? English, Oxford
- How do you work out the relative mass of an element when given its isotopic proportions? Chemistry, Oxford
- Why do we need women in Parliament? PPE, Oxford
- Why are economists interested in education? Economics & Management, Oxford
- Estimate the number of atoms in the sun. Physics, Oxford
- How would you measure the length of the Thames? Geography, Oxford
- How can you calculate the torque of a wheel? Engineering, Oxford
- How would you measure the volume of your own blood? Medicine, Oxford
- Which modern composers influence your composition? Music, Oxford
Cambridge Interview Questions
- Can Dido be viewed as a tragic heroine? Classics, Cambridge
- How long would it take for a 3000m thick ice sheet to form? Geography, Cambridge
- Define a stationary point. Maths, Cambridge
- How does DNA sequencing take place? Medicine, Cambridge
- Should a thief who steals from another thief have committed theft or not? Law, Cambridge
- Should we talk about film music in the same way we talk about Western Classical Music? Music, Cambridge
- When does a dialect become a language? Modern Languages, Cambridge
- What’s the most interesting thing you’ve ever learned about Chinese history? Asian & Middle Eastern Studies, Cambridge
- What is class? HSPS, Cambridge
- Tell me about digestion in different animals. Veterinary Medicine, Cambridge
Feedback on our Interview Preparation Days
I found the whole day very helpful. He enjoyed meeting the other candidates, and the workshops helped him to focus on preparing (more specifically, at school) for his interviews, and to be ready to think on his feet. It also boosted his confidence in feeling that he was actually prepared for an interview as he got positive feedback.
Applicant for Medicine at Oxford
Your interview day in November was excellent and I am recommending you to my friends! He was very nervous about the interview and your practice day really helped build confidence.
Mother of Economics applicant for Cambridge
I’m especially grateful for the mock interview day I attended, which helped me to handle this many interviews. In particular, it made me realise that there was an important area of Maths which I had not covered yet and this cropped up many times over the four interviews. Thankfully, I had prepared.
Applicant for Mathematics at Oxford
The Interview Preparation Day was excellent in helping me target areas I needed to improve on and be conscious of in the interview, and I gained fantastic feedback from the mock interviews I had, and made me a little less nervous about the real interview, because I now know what they are going to be like, and they weren’t as scary as I anticipated the interviews to be!
Applicant for English at Cambridge
Support your Oxbridge Interview Preparation with our free resources
- Pooling: Fast Facts You may have heard people talk about “pooling”, or maybe... Read more >
- Communications expert Gwyn’s top tips Gwyn Day, our communications specialist who runs interview skills workshops... Read more >
- What makes a good interview? The notion of an academic interview with prominent Oxbridge academics is a major... Read more >
- Sports psychology for interviews Channel your inner champion Major sports personalities use these techniques... Read more >
- English: answer like a pro We have a lot of questions year on year from... Read more >
- Law: answer like a pro Law is a notoriously competitive subject; this, along with the... Read more >
- Maths & Hard Sciences: answer like a pro Maths, Physics, Chemistry – they’re brilliant because there is a right... Read more >
- PPE: answer like a pro If you’re applying for Politics, Philosophy and Economics (PPE) or... Read more >
- Biological Sciences & Medicine: answer like a pro What kind of questions can you expect in an Oxford... Read more >
- Your free E-book… “So You Want To Go To Oxbridge? Tell me about a banana…” If you are applying to Oxford or Cambridge, there are... Read more >
- The Great Collection of Past Oxbridge Interview Questions The great thing about an Oxbridge interview is that it... Read more >
- Is a “Religious Morality” rational? One of our Oxbridge graduate tutors, Emma, looks into the... Read more >
- 30 Real-Life Oxford and Cambridge Interview Questions The Oxford and Cambridge interviews are notorious for having academically... Read more >
- 20 Real-Life Oxford and Cambridge Interview Questions The Oxford and Cambridge interviews are notorious for having academically... Read more >
- 5 Easy Ways To Support Your Son Or Daughter Before Their Oxbridge Interviews The weeks before the Oxford and Cambridge interviews are a... Read more >