Admissions Tests can help Admissions Tutors decide who is invited to interview, and who is ultimately awarded a place at Oxford and Cambridge. In early 2016, Cambridge introduced a suite of new Admissions Tests and as a result, most applicants will now prepare for a test as part of their Oxbridge application.
Admissions Tests can be prepared for and our Admissions Test Courses help students to perform their best in these tests.
Book your place
Admissions Test Courses take place in Central London and include all of our unique practice papers with two tests marked.
Dates: Saturday 21st July (UKCAT)
Saturday 8th September (LNAT)
Sunday 14th October (BMAT, CLT, ELAT, HAT, MAT, PAT, TSA)
Location: Saturday 21st July & Saturday 8th September – Eaton Square Mayfair, 106 Piccadilly, Mayfair, London, W1J 7NL
Sunday 14th October – New Academic Building, London School of Economics, 54 Lincoln’s Inn Fields, London WC2A 3LJ
+44 (0)207 499 2394
Here’s an example timetable of how our Admissions Test Courses are structured to help applicants with their preparation:
Arrival and registration
Test strategy tutorial
With your Oxbridge test expert, you will go through an entire mock Admissions Test, learning how to approach questions and write model answers. In this first session, you will understand how to approach the unfamiliar style of Admissions Test questions and ensure you answer in accordance with the mark scheme specification.
Test technique tutorial
In this second part of the day, you will continue to look at example questions and the paper as a whole. With your tutor, you will devise a strategy for approaching the test, including the best way to manage time, the content that is crucial to gain high marks, and which areas of your preparation you need to focus on.
Timed Admissions Test
After lunch, you will sit a full Admissions Test in exam conditions. You will have the full experience of sitting an Admissions Test to ensure that you can apply what you have learned throughout the day, and are not unfamiliar with the time and style of content of the test when it comes to the real thing. Your Admissions Test will be marked and returned to you up to ten working days after the event.
Following the event, you will receive the final two Admissions Tests, totalling four complete admissions tests and answer sets, usually priced at £120. You will also receive a free book with a value of £12.99.
Feedback on our Admissions Test Seminars
Oxbridge Applications’ ELAT preparation day was a really well-organized and enjoyable day worth every penny. My group leader was very passionate and top of the ELAT results in her year, which reflects the high standard of Oxbridge Applications. I didn’t feel like I was being merely taught how to churn out the right answers but came away from the day highly enriched and even received some additional interview advice. I highly recommend this for an Oxbridge English applicant!
Cate, ELAT Admissions Test Course attendee, 2017.
Thank you for the opportunity to attend the PAT session at LSE on Sunday. The organisation, presentation and content was outstanding. I thoroughly enjoyed the day and have taken a lot away from the experience. It was well worth the 400 mile round trip.
I look forward to the coming interview preparation session and thank you again for all your help and support.
Jacob, PAT Admissions Test Course attendee, 2017.
Although clearly both the admissions test and interviews are designed so that they are difficult to prepare for, the HAT Admissions Test Seminar and Interview Preparation Day gave me more confidence. Apparently I got 80 out of 100 whilst the average for people who got offers was 68 and for those interviewed, 62. I am sure the HAT day contributed to many of those marks.
Laurie, HAT Admissions Test Course attendee, 2014.
I’m writing to thank you very much for the help you offered in preparation for my LNAT. The guidance you provided proved invaluable for the test, especially in the assessment of the MCQs, which I felt were my weaker side of the test. I hope you continue doing these seminars as your direction was fantastic and engaging!
Tamara, LNAT Admissions Test Course attendee, 2014.
Fantastic – thank you so much. I learnt a lot and am now actually looking forward to the exam. You have de-mystified the BMAT for me. The presenter was fantastic. I understood everything he told us and feel much more prepared for the real test.
Ameer, BMAT Admissions Test Course attendee, 2014.
Just thought I’d tell you that I asked Oxford for my ELAT test result now they’ve been released and found out I came 11th with 86%. I’m so happy but wanted to say thanks as I couldn’t have done it if I hadn’t been on the seminar day.
Phoebe, ELAT Admissions Test Course attendee, 2014.
To determine whether the Admissions Test Course is suitable for you, consider the following questions:
Does my subject require an Admissions Test?
The vast majority of courses at Oxford and Cambridge require an Admissions Test. On our Admissions Test Courses, we support students sitting:
- BMAT – Oxford and Cambridge Medicine
- Cambridge Law Test – Cambridge Law
- ELAT – Oxford and Cambridge English and joint courses
- HAT – Oxford History and joint courses
- LNAT – Oxford Law and joint courses
- TSA – Cambridge Land Economy and Oxford Economics & Management, Experimental Psychology, Geography, Human Sciences, Philosophy & Linguistics, PPE, Psychology & Linguistics, and Psychology & Philosophy
How important is the Admissions Test?
The Admissions Test is a levelling measure of ability – they are designed to look unfamiliar to applicants and so Admissions Tutors use them as a gauge of a student’s potential to study at university. Along with the interview, they are crucial ways a student can demonstrate their academic ability and potential.
For some subjects, the Admissions Test will determine whether students are even accepted to interview – Oxford uses the BMAT score to help determine who is shortlisted to interview, for example, demonstrating that this is a crucial aspect of the application to master.
Why choose this Admissions Test Course?
Oxbridge Applications provide specialist courses to prepare applicants for the admissions tests. The Oxbridge-graduate tutors who will help you prepare are specialists in the individual test they run. Unlike other test consultancies, we also investigate the previous year’s exam papers annually, updating our materials to ensure the most accurate possible experience.
Our Admissions Test Courses provide the rigorous preparation needed to succeed in the admissions tests: in the previous application cycle.
What to expect:
Oxbridge-graduate test specialists
Run by highly experienced Oxbridge-graduate specialists in the individual tests.
The most realistic mock tests available
Regular updates to papers to reflect nuanced changes in content and difficulty.
We ensure that students learn in an interactive, small-group context.
Adaptive to you
For tests requiring many different skill sets like the Thinking Skills Assessment (TSA), structured to adapt to areas you find harder.
Technique and strategy
A focus on essay technique & timing strategies, to make time work to your advantage.
Original mock tests
Includes all of our unique mock papers in your test, with incredibly detailed answer packs.
Experience the real test environment
Sit a full-length mock exam under timed, exam conditions, reproducing the intensity of the real exam.
Two full papers marked
Two full papers marked & returned to you with plenty of time to assess weaknesses before the real thing.
Admissions Test Workbook
For content, technique, tackling exam questions, developing essay technique and time management.
Select your test and book Now
Find further support for Oxbridge Admissions tests in our free resources
- BMAT overview & tips If you’re applying for Medicine, Biomedical Sciences or Veterinary Medicine you... Read more >
- BMAT mini mock paper & answers With over 90% of applicants now preparing for the admissions... Read more >
- Cambridge Language Test overview If you’re applying for Modern and Medieval Languages at Cambridge,... Read more >
- Cambridge Language Test mini mock paper & answers Many Cambridge colleges require applicants for Modern Languages to sit... Read more >
- Cambridge Law Test overview If you’re applying to read Law at Cambridge you will probably need... Read more >
- Cambridge Law Test mini mock paper & answers If you are applying to do Law at Cambridge, chances... Read more >
- LNAT overview If you’re applying for Law at Oxford you will need to sit... Read more >
- LNAT mini mock paper & answers The LNAT, required for those applying for Law at Oxford... Read more >
- ELAT mini mock paper If you’re applying to read English at Oxford, you will... Read more >
- MAT mini mock paper & answers If you are planning to apply to Oxford to read... Read more >
- PAT overview If you’re applying for Physics, Materials or a relevant joint... Read more >
- PAT mini mock paper & answers The Physics Aptitude Test or PAT is required by Oxford... Read more >
- MLAT overview If you’re applying for Modern Languages, or their joint schools, you... Read more >
- MLAT mini mock paper & answers The MLAT or Modern Languages Test is required by Oxford... Read more >
- HAT overview If you’re applying for History, or its joint schools, you... Read more >
- HAT mini mock paper The History Aptitude Test or ‘HAT’ must be sat by... Read more >
- TSA overview A huge range of subjects at both Oxford and Cambridge... Read more >
- TSA Oxford mini mock & answers Thinking is very important to Oxford, so they’ve devised an... Read more >
- TSA Cambridge mini mock & answers The Thinking Skills Assessment is required for a number of... Read more >
- How is the BMAT marked? The BioMedical Admissions Test (BMAT) is marked significantly differently from... Read more >
- Your free E-book… “So You Want To Go To Oxbridge? Tell me about a banana…” If you are applying to Oxford or Cambridge, there are... Read more >
- Admissions Tests: our tips as featured in the Independent Last year, the Independent asked us to provide some simple... Read more >
- UKCAT mini mock paper & answers If you are applying for Medicine or Dentistry, many of... Read more >
- TSA Cambridge Example Questions and Answers If you have completed the TSA Cambridge course report and are... Read more >
- University Admissions Tests: How Would You Reply? Here we have a few questions and answers to sample... Read more >
- LNAT ‘So you want to go to Oxbridge’ Answers If you have been reading our book ‘So you want... Read more >
- For Your Reference: Admissions Test Factfiles The majority of Oxford courses, and an increasing number of... Read more >
- ELAT overview If you’re applying for English, or its joint schools, you... Read more >