Our Access Scheme is now open. Apply now for free, expert support for your application to Oxford or Cambridge.
Oxbridge Applications support 120 students each year through our Access Scheme, open to all students who attend a state or non-fee paying school. The Access Scheme is designed to help students who may not otherwise be supported in their Oxbridge applications, to ensure these students have access to the opportunities and knowledge that will allow them to demonstrate their true potential to Oxbridge admissions tutors.
Click here to download the application form as a PDF, or here as a Word Document, which requires you to fill in some basic information about you and your application. If you have any questions on the application form or the Access Scheme, please contact our Access Scheme Manager Jade McGlynn on email@example.com or +44 (0)20 7499 2394.
Through our Access Scheme, students receive direct contact with Oxbridge-graduates, supporting them in every element of the application:
- Personal Statement drafting: students will work with Oxbridge-graduates on each draft and revision of their Personal Statement to ensure their application reflects their interest and potential for the subject to which they choose to apply
- Attendance on our Admissions Test and Interview Preparation Courses: Access Scheme students will attend these public events, receiving subject-specific tutorials, mock interviews, and admissions test workshops
- Admissions test feedback: students will have access to admissions tests required for their course and receive personalised feedback from admissions test experts
Throughout the scheme, students will have on-going email and telephone support from our dedicated Oxbridge consultants in the Oxbridge Applications offices.
|A free copy of our book So you want to go to Oxbridge? Tell me about a banana... in the post||Upon joining||You will be sent a copy of the new edition of Tell me about a banana... once you have been accepted onto our Access Scheme|
|A Course Research Report||Upon joining||We'll send you our Course Research Report for the course you are interested in applying for|
|Personal email and telephone support from your dedicated Access Scheme Consultant||Continual support throughout the year||Ongoing advice from your full-time consultant as well as the opportunity to speak to graduates to ask specific questions|
|Personal statement support||June - October||Initial advice on drafting your personal statement from our consultant
Telephone and email support to provide advice and suggest improvements
Feedback and proof-reading of the final draft of your personal statement
|A place on one of our Admissions Test Courses||October||Should you be required to sit an admissions test, you can take up a place at one of our Admissions Test Seminars for BMAT, Cambridge Law Test, ELAT, HAT, LNAT, TSA Cambridge and TSA Oxford|
|Mock Test Packs||October||You will also receive two practice papers with answers for BMAT, Cambridge Law Test, ELAT, HAT, LNAT, MAT, PAT, TSA Cambridge and TSA Oxford|
|A place on one of our Interview Preparation Days including four mock interviews||November & December||A place at one of our London Interview Preparation Days, including four subject-specific mock interviews
A Course Report containing subject-specific advice on how to prepare for interview as well as a comprehensive list of past interview questions
For 25 successful applicants, we also provide a scholarship tier of the programme, providing supplementary one-to-one tuition with an Oxbridge-graduate in their subject for students whom we feel would benefit the most from additional support. These students are selected on the basis of their academic merit and personal circumstances.
All students who apply for the Access Scheme will be automatically considered for this scholarship.
Explore Our Library Of Free Oxbridge Resources
- MLAT mini mock paper & answers The MLAT or Modern Languages Test is required by Oxford... Read more >
- April’s Top News Stories Read more about some of the biggest news stories to... Read more >
- Application Calendar Making an application to Oxford or Cambridge can seem like... Read more >
- PAT overview If you’re applying for Physics, Materials or a relevant joint... Read more >
- LNAT mini mock paper & answers The LNAT, required for those applying for Law at Oxford... Read more >
- Social and Political Sciences Reading List We’ve brought together a wide-ranging bibliography to help those applying... Read more >
- Download a Biology Personal Statement “Assisting with the post mortem of a dairy cow during... Read more >
- How is the BMAT marked? The BioMedical Admissions Test (BMAT) is marked significantly differently from... Read more >
- MAT mini mock paper & answers If you are planning to apply to Oxford to read... Read more >
- Cambridge Law Test overview If you’re applying to read Law at Cambridge you will probably need... Read more >
- Download an Economics Personal Statement “I have a keen interest in current affairs but have... Read more >
- Personal Statement Action Plan: Section 2 of 2 You’ve done your reading. You’ve made your brainstorm. You’ve possibly... Read more >
- 20 Real-Life Oxford and Cambridge Interview Questions The Oxford and Cambridge interviews are notorious for having academically... Read more >
- UCAS: A How To Guide The process of applying to university through UCAS can seem... Read more >
- Cambridge Law Test mini mock paper & answers If you are applying to do Law at Cambridge, chances... Read more >
- HAT mini mock paper The History Aptitude Test or ‘HAT’ must be sat by... Read more >
- Classics and Arch & Anth Reading Lists If you’re applying for Classics, or for Archaeology and Anthropology,... Read more >
- Cambridge Language Test mini mock paper & answers Many Cambridge colleges require applicants for Modern Languages to sit... Read more >
- Information on choosing a course at Oxford or Cambridge “Perhaps it is because Oxbridge encourages more ‘traditional’ A Level... Read more >
- Stats report: our annual survey Every year, we survey hundreds of applicants who applied the... Read more >
- Experimental Psychology & Psychological and Behavioural Sciences (PBS) Reading List If you are interested in Psychology, Oxford offers the Psychology... Read more >
- International Applicant Handbook This incredible resource will guide you through every stage of... Read more >
- Modern Languages and Linguistics Reading Lists Applying for languages? It’s always difficult to narrow down what... Read more >
- International Application Calendar Keeping on top of the various deadlines and decisions when... Read more >