Our Access Scheme is now open. Apply now for free, expert support for your application to Oxford or Cambridge.
Oxbridge Applications support 120 students each year through our Access Scheme, open to all students who attend a state or non-fee paying school. The Access Scheme is designed to help students who may not otherwise be supported in their Oxbridge applications, to ensure these students have access to the opportunities and knowledge that will allow them to demonstrate their true potential to Oxbridge admissions tutors.
Click here to download the application form as a PDF, or here as a Word Document, which requires you to fill in some basic information about you and your application. If you have any questions on the application form or the Access Scheme, please contact our Access Scheme Manager Jade McGlynn on firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0)20 7499 2394.
Through our Access Scheme, students receive direct contact with Oxbridge-graduates, supporting them in every element of the application:
- Personal Statement drafting: students will work with Oxbridge-graduates on each draft and revision of their Personal Statement to ensure their application reflects their interest and potential for the subject to which they choose to apply
- Attendance on our Admissions Test and Interview Preparation Courses: Access Scheme students will attend these public events, receiving subject-specific tutorials, mock interviews, and admissions test workshops
- Admissions test feedback: students will have access to admissions tests required for their course and receive personalised feedback from admissions test experts
Throughout the scheme, students will have on-going email and telephone support from our dedicated Oxbridge consultants in the Oxbridge Applications offices.
|A free copy of our book So you want to go to Oxbridge? Tell me about a banana... in the post||Upon joining||You will be sent a copy of the new edition of Tell me about a banana... once you have been accepted onto our Access Scheme|
|A Course Research Report||Upon joining||We'll send you our Course Research Report for the course you are interested in applying for|
|Personal email and telephone support from your dedicated Access Scheme Consultant||Continual support throughout the year||Ongoing advice from your full-time consultant as well as the opportunity to speak to graduates to ask specific questions|
|Personal statement support||June - October||Initial advice on drafting your personal statement from our consultant
Telephone and email support to provide advice and suggest improvements
Feedback and proof-reading of the final draft of your personal statement
|A place on one of our Admissions Test Courses||October||Should you be required to sit an admissions test, you can take up a place at one of our Admissions Test Seminars for BMAT, Cambridge Law Test, ELAT, HAT, LNAT, TSA Cambridge and TSA Oxford|
|Mock Test Packs||October||You will also receive two practice papers with answers for BMAT, Cambridge Law Test, ELAT, HAT, LNAT, MAT, PAT, TSA Cambridge and TSA Oxford|
|A place on one of our Interview Preparation Days including four mock interviews||November & December||A place at one of our London Interview Preparation Days, including four subject-specific mock interviews
A Course Report containing subject-specific advice on how to prepare for interview as well as a comprehensive list of past interview questions
For 25 successful applicants, we also provide a scholarship tier of the programme, providing supplementary one-to-one tuition with an Oxbridge-graduate in their subject for students whom we feel would benefit the most from additional support. These students are selected on the basis of their academic merit and personal circumstances.
All students who apply for the Access Scheme will be automatically considered for this scholarship.
Explore Our Library Of Free Oxbridge Resources
- Philosophy Reading List If you are interested in Philosophy, there are several options... Read more >
- February’s Top News Stories Read more about some of the biggest news stories to... Read more >
- TSA overview A huge range of subjects at both Oxford and Cambridge... Read more >
- 5 Easy Ways To Support Your Son Or Daughter Before Their Oxbridge Interviews The weeks before the Oxford and Cambridge interviews are a... Read more >
- Cambridge college snapshots Despite having a smaller number of colleges than Oxford, each of... Read more >
- Are my grades good enough for Oxbridge? Grades are an area of much misunderstanding when it comes... Read more >
- Mathematics Reading List Studying Mathematics at university requires a different approach to studying... Read more >
- ELAT mini mock paper If you’re applying to read English at Oxford, you will... Read more >
- Medicine, Maths, and Economics Puzzles We asked three of our top Medicine, Maths, and... Read more >
- Information on choosing a course at Oxford or Cambridge “Perhaps it is because Oxbridge encourages more ‘traditional’ A Level... Read more >
- Cambridge’s Supplementary Application Questionnaire After you have submitted your UCAS application to apply to... Read more >
- Your Open Day Guide Open Days can be an extremely useful way of finding... Read more >
- MLAT overview If you’re applying for Modern Languages, or their joint schools, you... Read more >
- Download a Medicine Personal Statement 2 “Further work experience has highlighted some of the demands and challenges... Read more >
- April’s Top News Stories Read more about some of the biggest news stories to... Read more >
- July’s Top News Stories Read more about some of the biggest news stories to... Read more >
- Personal Statement Action Plan: Section 1 of 2 The UCAS personal statement will be a key part of... Read more >
- Funding Your Oxbridge Degree Many people are under the impression that it is more... Read more >
- Maths Puzzle: a game of chess We asked one of our top Maths Oxbridge tutors for... Read more >
- Maths Puzzle: The Age of Census A census-taker knocks on a door, and asks the woman... Read more >
- Outside reading: the key to a good application When it comes to writing your personal statement and preparing... Read more >
- International Applicant Handbook This incredible resource will guide you through every stage of... Read more >
- Geography and Earth Sciences Reading Lists Whether you’re looking at Geography, Earth Sciences (Geology), or Land... Read more >
- Physical, Mathematical & Chemical Sciences Reading Lists If you’re applying for Physics, Natural Sciences (P), Maths, Computer... Read more >