Our Access Scheme is now open. Apply now for free, expert support for your application to Oxford or Cambridge.
Oxbridge Applications support 120 students each year through our Access Scheme, open to all students who attend a state or non-fee paying school. The Access Scheme is designed to help students who may not otherwise be supported in their Oxbridge applications, to ensure these students have access to the opportunities and knowledge that will allow them to demonstrate their true potential to Oxbridge admissions tutors.
Click here to download the application form as a PDF, or here as a Word Document, which requires you to fill in some basic information about you and your application. If you have any questions on the application form or the Access Scheme, please contact our Access Scheme Manager Jade McGlynn on firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0)20 7499 2394.
Through our Access Scheme, students receive direct contact with Oxbridge-graduates, supporting them in every element of the application:
- Personal Statement drafting: students will work with Oxbridge-graduates on each draft and revision of their Personal Statement to ensure their application reflects their interest and potential for the subject to which they choose to apply
- Attendance on our Admissions Test and Interview Preparation Courses: Access Scheme students will attend these public events, receiving subject-specific tutorials, mock interviews, and admissions test workshops
- Admissions test feedback: students will have access to admissions tests required for their course and receive personalised feedback from admissions test experts
Throughout the scheme, students will have on-going email and telephone support from our dedicated Oxbridge consultants in the Oxbridge Applications offices.
|A free copy of our book So you want to go to Oxbridge? Tell me about a banana... in the post||Upon joining||You will be sent a copy of the new edition of Tell me about a banana... once you have been accepted onto our Access Scheme|
|A Course Research Report||Upon joining||We'll send you our Course Research Report for the course you are interested in applying for|
|Personal email and telephone support from your dedicated Access Scheme Consultant||Continual support throughout the year||Ongoing advice from your full-time consultant as well as the opportunity to speak to graduates to ask specific questions|
|Personal statement support||June - October||Initial advice on drafting your personal statement from our consultant
Telephone and email support to provide advice and suggest improvements
Feedback and proof-reading of the final draft of your personal statement
|A place on one of our Admissions Test Courses||October||Should you be required to sit an admissions test, you can take up a place at one of our Admissions Test Seminars for BMAT, Cambridge Law Test, ELAT, HAT, LNAT, TSA Cambridge and TSA Oxford|
|Mock Test Packs||October||You will also receive two practice papers with answers for BMAT, Cambridge Law Test, ELAT, HAT, LNAT, MAT, PAT, TSA Cambridge and TSA Oxford|
|A place on one of our Interview Preparation Days including four mock interviews||November & December||A place at one of our London Interview Preparation Days, including four subject-specific mock interviews
A Course Report containing subject-specific advice on how to prepare for interview as well as a comprehensive list of past interview questions
For 25 successful applicants, we also provide a scholarship tier of the programme, providing supplementary one-to-one tuition with an Oxbridge-graduate in their subject for students whom we feel would benefit the most from additional support. These students are selected on the basis of their academic merit and personal circumstances.
All students who apply for the Access Scheme will be automatically considered for this scholarship.
Explore Our Library Of Free Oxbridge Resources
- 20 Real-Life Oxford and Cambridge Interview Questions The Oxford and Cambridge interviews are notorious for having academically... Read more >
- Using stats: dos and don’ts When making an application, you must be careful about using... Read more >
- Philosophy Reading List If you are interested in Philosophy, there are several options... Read more >
- TSA overview A huge range of subjects at both Oxford and Cambridge... Read more >
- Geography and Earth Sciences Reading Lists Whether you’re looking at Geography, Earth Sciences (Geology), or Land... Read more >
- MAT overview Read more >
- LNAT overview If you’re applying for Law at Oxford you will need to sit... Read more >
- COPA & International Deadlines Most deadlines are the same for all those applying to... Read more >
- English: answer like a pro We have a lot of questions year on year from... Read more >
- The Most Competitive Subjects At Oxbridge (And How To Choose Wisely) Oxford and Cambridge are two of the best universities in the... Read more >
- Download an English Personal Statement “My background as a student at a European School, including... Read more >
- TSA Oxford mini mock & answers Thinking is very important to Oxford, so they’ve devised an... Read more >
- History of Art Reading List History of Art at Oxford and Cambridge allows you to... Read more >
- Your free E-book… “So You Want To Go To Oxbridge? Tell me about a banana…” If you are applying to Oxford or Cambridge, there are... Read more >
- What’s so special about Oxford and Cambridge? Both Oxford and Cambridge have fearsome reputations. The Oxbridge system... Read more >
- Physical, Mathematical & Chemical Sciences Reading Lists If you’re applying for Physics, Natural Sciences (P), Maths, Computer... Read more >
- UCAS: A How To Guide The process of applying to university through UCAS can seem... Read more >
- Social and Political Sciences Reading List We’ve brought together a wide-ranging bibliography to help those applying... Read more >
- Mathematics Reading List Studying Mathematics at university requires a different approach to studying... Read more >
- Cambridge Language Test mini mock paper & answers Many Cambridge colleges require applicants for Modern Languages to sit... Read more >
- Oxford college snapshots With 35 colleges and Permanent Private Halls, choosing how to... Read more >
- For Your Reference: Admissions Test Factfiles The majority of Oxford courses, and an increasing number of... Read more >
- ELAT mini mock paper If you’re applying to read English at Oxford, you will... Read more >
- Personal statement solution: brainstorm sheet Writing your personal statement may just be the grimmest part... Read more >